Saturday, June 8, 2013

Starved for Knowlege

"We are a people on the verge of amusing ourselves to death." - Neil Postman
 
This isn't a ranting post, at least I hope it doesn't turn into one. smile. but sometimes I just want to give myself a reality check.
 
Do I actually, honestly and truly, think anymore?  I mean like objectively, intelligently, with an informed mind, and guided by common sense "think"?
 
The desire to shake myself out of some preconceived notion that "this" is all there is to life.  Where is my desire for wisdom? Lethargy and apathy, the painful desire to be comfortable and secure must take backseat in the face of true truth.
 
God created us to search after Him, to search after His pure and unadulterated Truth.
 
"Get wisdom; get insight; do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth.  Do not forsake her, and she will keep you; love her, and she will guard you.  The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom, and whatever you get, get insight.  Prize her highly, and she will exalt you; she will honor you if you embrace her.  She will place on your head a graceful garland; she will bestow on you a beautiful crown." - Proverbs 4:5-9
 
I don't want to expect to be entertained, to feel that it is an obligation.  Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. fun is fun! But its the important issues have become so very flippant in our culture.
 
My challenge is to think, really THINK, for myself.  Pop Culture and Fox News aside, form my own opinions and beliefs that are founded in the reliability of Scripture, and the common sense God gave me.
 
I promise that I'm not a serious downer, slightly nerdy maybe, but a downer I am not.  I simply want to express some thoughts that are going through my mind at this late hour.  Writing should not be undertaken past midnight, my spelling goes out the window.  I spelled "entertained" "intertained", wow, that's embarrassing.
 
I'm done.
 
Bon soir.
 
I'm done.
 
I'm done now.
 

1 comment: